Monday, November 19, 2007

EDIT 451 Posting 4-Trends and Issues in Various Settings

A few years ago, I worked for a big educational center which is the very first company invented and implemented the digital media into their classes. Each teacher has to be trained to know how to use these digital media ex: CD, DVD, Vocabulary reader and so on. It was 2004. In that period of time, I didn't agree with that way. I thought it is just another marketing strategy to attract parents and tempt students.

To be honestly, when I worked for that company, I tried very hard to implement the DVD and the computer based program into my classes. I wish the students can learn more by learnign this computer based program. Unfortunately, most of the students did not continue to use it. In 2004, the population of computer users in each family was not very popular. Most the public schools don't offer the computer class in the normal education. For the students, they think that it is just like computer game. No further educational purpose.

But now, I realized why in that time, my students were not learned very well and continued on that program. Basically, the company's software is not professional. The program was not based on any theory. Students can't be motivated; the teacher don't have enought knowledge and capability to carry out the software.

I personally would like to bring the idea and the knowledge of IDT into my country. I would like to share what I have learned from the class. I would keep refreshing and updating myself. I am planning to create a group for teachers who is interested in carrying out the media into their class. We can have a community to share all this updated information.

No comments: